Wednesday, October 21, 2009

hooray for local food!

and farmer's markets! and new farmer's markets set up next to your evening bus stop!

http://mvtriangle.blogspot.com/2009/09/new-weekly-farmers-market-at-mount.html

Last night was not my first night paying a visit to this weekly neighborhood market. Visit one - chat with the soap peddler of benefits of oatmeal to sensitive skin. Visit two - samples of (dairy free!) gingerbread, apple bread, and cranberry orange bread plus a quick sip of coffee and smile exchange with some presumed neighbors. Visit three, though - success! Not only did I walk away with the 3 most delicious looking (ate one for breakfast this morning - delic!) heirloom Stayman apples, I managed to find the one German speaking produce chapman and refresh my rusty language skills with a quick (apple) counting lesson.

With the upcoming bake-off this weekend, I wish I had bought a few more in order to make one of THESE. Mmmmmmmmm.

No comments: