Wednesday, May 26, 2010

2 points for West Virginia


{photo from Belle of the Bakery}


looks amazing, right?





as i sit here in my lonely hotel room out in sleepytown, west virginia, aloe-ing my sunburn and singing along with Laura Burhenn, i'm going over my love/hate relationship with my part-time summer home. mountains? stunning. towns built out of strip malls? not so purdy. abundant sweet tea and 99cent beers? awesome. ZERO coffee shops? not so good.

when burger king's veggie burger was our best bet for dinner tonight, i thought i'd lost all hope in dining out here. untillllllllll, we were shown the light of O'Neill's restaurant! after a long day in the field, we stopped by this place and walked out of there with some tall arnold palmers and peach cobbler for the road. i somehow saved my dessert until just now and it. is. AMAZING. by far the best i've ever had. if i don't get another stop at O'Neill's this week, i'm definitely going to attempt my own this weekend. these look like pretty good bets at re-creation:

Belle of the Bakery

Delicious Days

AllRecipes

No comments: